Are you considering getting a water softener for your home but are still on the fence about purchasing one? Here is a brief explanation of what a water softener does as well as five benefits they have to offer for you, your home, and belongings.
So, what is a water softener?
Water straight out of the ground is naturally “hard,” meaning it contains hard mineral particles. A water softener is a device that removes those particles from the water to make it “soft.” A typical water softener is a mechanical appliance that is installed and plumbed into your home’s existing water system.
What are the benefits of a water softener?
Now that you have a basic understanding of what a softener does, here are some of the benefits of having one installed:
- Less Residue and Fewer Spots: Clothing and dishes that are washed in water without a water softener can end up having spots, stains, and residue on them that can be hard to get off. Clothes can even become dingy over time due to mineral deposits that stay behind. A water softener can help reduce the amount of additional cleaning and spot removal you have to do and keep your clothes brighter and cleaner. Washing dishes in soft water will also help them sparkle and shine.
- Softer Skin and Hair: Showering or bathing in soft water leaves you clean as well as soft and smooth. Your hair will feel better to the touch and your skin won’t have any leftover mineral residue on it. Soap and shampoo will also lather more easily with soft water.
- Longer Lifespan of Appliances: Soft water will prevent mineral buildup in your appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, water heaters, etc. which will, in turn, help your appliances run better longer. They will also run more efficiently, which will help lower energy costs.
- Cleaner Sinks, Showers, and Bathrooms: Since soft water doesn’t contain hard minerals, there will be less build-up, limescale, and soap scum on your bathroom fixtures as well as kitchen sinks. This means easier cleaning and maintenance.
- Reduces Corrosion: Water softeners are more gentle on pipes and prevent buildup from occurring within them. This means that the pipes are less likely to get corroded or clogged and will last much longer before needing to be repaired or replaced.
As you can see, a water softener has many great attributes that can have a big impact on you and your home. Call Brenneco today to get any additional questions about water softeners answered and then set up an appointment for us to install one in your house!